Thursday, March 8, 2012

Visual Project Ideas

So far I have had very little inspiration. I'm pretty sure I want to do a video response to Marina Abramovic. I really like the controversy over what the art is and how a reproduction is supposedly an outrageous idea. I think I want to focus on the idea of how people responded to her "The Artist is Present" piece and make a play off of it called "You are Present" or something to that effect. When people sat with her, they were looking at her but they were essentially alone with themselves. I had an administrator in high school tell a class of mine that "character" is how you act and who you become when nobody is watching. I think I want to do a video based on that. Maybe have a series of many people... We'll see where that takes me I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment